What is Betstone by Microgaming?
Betstone is a privately owned gaming company based in Dublin, Ireland and, until recently, under the directorship of former South African, Avron Goss.
Betstone is powered by the Isle of Man based software group, Microgaming and delivers Server Based Gaming to various jurisdictions around the world.
The company's gaming solutions cross multiple channels, including online, with a special focus on land-based gambling solutions, mainly in the United Kingdom but also further a field such as Mexico.
Betstone is essentially considered Microgaming's 'brick 'n mortar' casino platform which provides solutions to all sectors of gaming software, including back-office.
Betstone's business approach is that of creating 'partnerships' in that it works closely with operators and distributors to build the best possible product that works for their clients.
Betstone's Server Based Gaming platform has been created and is being maintained by a group of expert developers and support staff from around the world. The platform boasts highly advanced customization tools so that the products can be tailored to meet the needs of customers - from the operating of one single machine on a casino floor to a massive gaming network which processes over 6 million transactions a day.
The platform is highly secure and Betstone takes pride in its accuracy in accounting and reporting tools.
The games on the Betstone platform, provided by the innovative and industry leading software group, Microgaming, can be scaled to suit the needs of any operator, with best-of-breed games that are continuously being updated on a monthly basis.
Betstone essentially works with its custom created XGS System which offers management software for all its partners, based on their particular needs and requirements.
The XGS System ensures smooth operations off any casino floor - virtual or land-based - and provides partners with real time access to exact machine and game play data.
The system offers remote analysis tools so that the information can be processed and accessed while players enjoy the games. This allows partners to control their operations and maximize their performances.
The XGS System is divided into a number of different modules, namely XGS Cashier, XGS Security, XGS View, XGS Marketing and XGS Floor.
- XGS Cashier: Through this central tool, players are able to cash in and cash out credits for their game play. This provides the ideal control tool for operators who wish to keep all transactions centralized and cashless. The tool allows operators to store player information, so that loyalty can be rewarded and bonuses issued. Various payment methods are supported on this fast and simple platform. XGS offers Live Cash & Shift and Live Cash & Vault monitoring.
- XGS Security: Using the security administration tool, operators can centrally manage user roles, access and limits. In addition, detailed auditing and tracking can be performed swiftly.
- XGS View: This web-based back-end application presents a range of management tools to help operators get the most of out their businesses. Among other things, the XGS View tool recognizes all machines on the casino floor, provides a graphical analysis of the machine and its performance, generates reports in different formats, monitors the players' gaming preferences, analyzes key financial and operational data and supports multi-currency transactions.
- XGS Marketing: This marketing package is the ultimate tool to help operators get the most of out Betstone's products. It comprises the XGS Player Tracking tool which tracks individual player activity and stores the information easily and safely; the XGS Bonus Tool which allows the easy creation of bonus campaigns for new and returning players; and the XGS Loyalty Tool which rewards loyal players for playing frequently. The package allows the creation of different loyalty levels, with rewards associated with each level.
- XGS Floor: This package is made up of XGS Machine Management which allows the central management of all machines on the casino floor, including the enabling and disabling of machines and the tracking of performance; the XGS Floor Management tool allowing the operator to make crucial decisions regarding the layout of the casino floor for maximum performance; and the XGS Content Management Tool which allows for casino floor customization, including the adjusting of payback percentages and the building of game menus.
One of the main attractions of Betstone's products is its incredible games library provided by Microgaming. Based on their customers' preferences, geographical location, language and currency frameworks and cultural tastes, operators can pick titles from the vast games library and adapt them to their own games floor.
Since Microgaming adds new titles to its portfolio on a monthly basis, partners are always ensured fresh content and the last word in casino gaming technology. Operators have the ability to remove older titles and add new ones to make sure that their collection is always up-to-date and meets the preferences of their players.
The games library includes:
Slots - Multiple slots from classic 3 reel, 1 line slot games to massive 50 line titles. In recent years, Microgaming also introduced the 243 ways format which has proven very popular among slot fans. Branded slots such as Tomb Raider and The Dark Knight are included in the collection, as are progressive jackpot slot games such as the five reel, 25 pay line, four tiered progressive Mega Moolah which holds the world record for the highest paying online slot jackpot in history.
Video Poker - Betstone's video poker games include favorites such as Aces and Faces, Jacks or Better and Joker Poker.
Table Games - No casino floor is complete without a great range of card and table games, and Betstone's portfolio includes an excellent number of roulette, blackjack and baccarat variants.
Bingo - Instant games are a staple among casino players seeking quick thrills and fast rewards. Betstone carries a great selection of bingo and keno games for these players.
Betstone also provides a range of gaming cabinets found on casino floors in various countries around the world, including its XTreme 200, 300, 400 and 500 monitors which can be adapted to any casino floor.
Avron Goss of Betstone.
Betstone's Avron Goss said recently that "with new regulations being introduced in many markets, we expect the gaming industry to experience increased growth in the coming year. Given this, choosing BetStone as your gaming partner ensures your business is future proof. BetStone invests in the future to bring you leading edge technology and gaming solutions, which is why BetStone is the preferred partner of choice for operators."
Betstone has been serving its customers for over a decade and provides its solutions to large casinos as well as route operators.
Most recently, Betstone entered an agreement with Caliente, one of the leaders in Mexico's gaming entertainment industry. Caliente's operations include gaming and bingo halls, horse racing simulcast and sports betting, among others. Betstone gaming machines will be rolled out at Caliente casinos in Mexico, offering local players access to one of the largest game portfolios in Latin America.
Betstone Market Focus
Betstone's focuses the marketing of its products to any gaming platform which wants to add a range of excellent, highly-popular casino games to its existing platform.
Betstone continues to market its products to operators around the world, with an emphasis on providing a cloud-based gaming solution via a server based gaming platform to land casinos.
The group also offers partners the opportunity to receive live information at their fingertips in a controlled and secure environment, with the objective being to boost their business performance.
Betstone regularly exhibits its products at gaming expos such ICE Totally Gaming and more.
Goss said in an interview that "Betstone has an aggressive release schedule for deploying both our content and our management software, XGS System to Operators over the coming months."
As a company policy (both at a corporate and player level), Betstone promotes responsible gaming through its site and products. The group believes that as long as gaming is performed in a safe and responsible manner it should be considered an enjoyable form of entertainment.
The group provides access to problem gambling websites and helplines such as GamCare UK.