Microgaming Blackjack Varieties
There are many variants of the exciting game of Blackjack, also known as "21." Here is a brief rundown of the main game varieties that you can find at Microgaming casinos:
- Classic single deck blackjack uses just one deck and one dealer upcard.
- European Blackjack is played with 8 decks and a single dealer upcard.
- Atlantic City Blackjack uses 8 decks but the dealer's first card is facedown.
- Double Exposure also is played with 8 decks and this time the dealer receives 2 cards face up - which gives you, the player, a better chance of winning.
- Spanish Blackjack makes use of 8 decks of only 48 cards each; the 10s are removed to make it more difficult to get a natural blackjack, but extra payouts have been added to compensate.
- Bonus Blackjack calls for 2 decks and dealer's first card face up; no surrender is permitted but there is a potentially very lucrative side bet.
- Vegas Downtown Blackjack is a classic blackjack game using 2 decks with the dealer's first card up.
- Vegas Strip Blackjack is very similar to its Downtown cousin, except it is played with 4 decks.
Microgaming Blackjack House Edge
Use this handy chart to check out the house edge on some of the most popular variants of 21 at Microgaming casinos. Remember that the lower the house edge, the better your chances are of winning. Learning and following basic blackjack strategy will reduce the house edge and increase the likelihood that you will win.
TYPE OF BLACKJACK HOUSE EDGE
|Classic Single Deck Blackjack
|Atlantic City Blackjack
|Double Exposure Blackjack
|Vegas Downtown Blackjack
|Vegas Strip Blackjack
Other Types of Blackjack
Microgaming works hard so that you can have fun. In addition to its games that pit a player with one hand of cards against the dealer, it offers some interesting possibilities such as multi hand blackjack. This is an 8 deck game that permits players to wager on as many as 5 hands at one time; the dealer receives one card face up and the other face down is peeks at his hole card for a blackjack if the up card is an Ace, Ten or face card. Blackjack tournaments bring players from all over the globe together to compete for cash prizes, while progressives link online blackjack games into a network that will eventually pay out a huge jackpot to one of the players. Microgaming Gold Series Blackjack is not an individual type of game but a style of software - in fact, it is stylish software. This premium software was launched by Microgaming in 2005 and raises the bar for its table games with extra high graphic quality, excellent player interface and ultra smooth function.